Seal Tight Solutions Sump Pumps Kits and Accessories:
Sump Pump w/ Pit Kit
Check valves and other accessories
Sump Pit Cover Kit ( see video )
TOOLS REQUIRED BY HOMEOWNER TO INSTALL PUMPS, KITS AND COVERS
- Shovel (to dig out for new pit enclosure if needed)
- Screw driver (Philips and Standard)
- Adjustable pliers or pipe wrench
- Drill (cordless or electric)
- Hole Saw Drill Bit (for 1-½” PVC pipe you need a 2-1/8” hole saw bit size)
- Utility Knife (used to notch hole along side pipe hole in cover for electrical cord)
- Caulk Gun
- Saw (Cutting of PVC pipe or other form of piping for sump pump may be necessary to install sump pit cover. The sump pump must be disconnected electrically prior to cutting pipe. When finished installing cover, repair pipe and reconnect electrically.) If there are any questions about plumbing or electrical work that may be needed, contact a local plumbing or electrical contractor before attempting.
Note: Use caution when plugging in, using or unplugging any electrical device in damp or wet areas!!!
Hint! If replacing or working on sump pump it's recommended to replace the check valve. If the check valve is old, or not in good working condition, it could allow the water in the pipes to drain back into the pit, causing the pump to cycle more often than needed, shortening the life of your pump as well as costing you more in electric bills!!!